Mediabridge Dual USB Car Charger - High Output 1.0A USB Port for iPhone and 2.4A USB Port for iPad
Ideal for charging your iPhone, iPod and iPad while on the road. Just plug the convenient car charger into a 12 Volt receptacle, to simultaneously charge 2 Apple devices in full-power AC mode (using your existing cables). The charger features high-output dual ports, which includes a 1.0 Amp USB port for charging your iPhone or iPod, and a 2.4 Amp USB port for charging your iPad or additional device. And its compact, low-profile design fits securely into most car outlets, and reduces the clutter associated with common bulky chargers. It even lets you use your devices while theyíre charging, letting you play music, stream YouTube, chat on the phone, surf the web and more during long travels. Installation has never been easier, thanks to a stylish LED that indicates the chargerís status. Rest easy, knowing that this charger is equipped with a fuse for over-charge protection, which switches to a trickle charge (50mA) once a connected device's battery is full. That way, youíre safe from short circuits, overheating, over-currents and power spikes that could potentially harm your valuable electronics. With the Mediabridge Dual USB Car Charger, deciding on which device to charge first is a thing of the past.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Charges your iPhone, iPod and iPad while on the road. Just plug the convenient car charger into a 12 Volt receptacle, to simultaneously charge 2 Apple devices in full-power AC mode (using your existing cables).
- 2 High-output USB ports, including a 1.0 Amp USB port for charging your iPhone or iPod, and a 2.4 Amp USB port for charging your iPad or other device. Compact, low-profile design fits securely into most car outlets, and reduces the clutter associated with common bulky chargers.
- Play music, stream YouTube, chat on the phone, surf the web and more during long travels while charging. A stylish LED indicates the chargerís status.
- Equipped with a fuse for over-charge protection, which switches to a trickle charge (50mA) once a connected device's battery is full. Safe from short circuits, overheating, over-currents and potentially harmful power spikes.
- DC Input Voltage: 12 VDC
- Output Voltage: 4.75 VDC min 5.25 VDC max
- Output Current: 0A min 3.4A max
- Over-Current Protection: 4.5A
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Overheating Protection
- Over-Charging Protection
- Operating Temp: 0 ~40 deg C
- Vibration: 1.0mm, 10-25Hz, 15 Minutes per Cycle for Each Axis (X,Y,Z)
- Vibration and Shock: Tested per MIL-STD-810D, method 514, procedure X
- The 2.4 Amp USB port is compatible with most Apple devices, including the iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad Mini.
- The 1.0 Amp USB port is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, iPod Classic and iPod Nano.
- Certain Android devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Nexus, Droid Incredible, Samsung Charge and HTC Vivid require a special charging cable in order to charge at full-power (AC mode). Mediabridge charging cables and adapters (sold separately) are available for these devices to charge in AC mode.
- Not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Series, Motorola Xoom, HTC One, or the Asus Tablet Series.
- Plug your USB Charger into any 12 volt receptacle, such as your carís DC power socket.
- A red LED indicates a successful connection.
- Connect your Smartphone or MP3 player to the port labeled 1.0 Amp.
- Connect your tablet, Smartphone, or MP3 player to the port labeled 2.4 Amp.
- The dual port interface lets you simultaneously charge 2 portable electronic devices with up to 2.4 amp input (cables not included).
- Apple devices connected to either port will safely draw the maximum amount of power that they are able to draw without damaging the device.
- When charging your iPad, make sure to wake it out of sleep mode prior to connecting it.
- 1 x 12V Dual USB Charger
- 1 x User Guide
- Do not remove the protective fuse, for the charger canít function properly without it.
- In the unlikely event that your power source trips the fuse, replace it with a standard F2AL 250 Volt tube-type fuse.
- 1 x 1.25 x 3 inches (protrudes 1.5 inches from outlet when in use).
- Will my devices charge at full power?
- Yes, connecting your iPhone or iPod to the 1.0 Amp port will charge at full power in AC mode. Any Apple device (including the iPad) connected to the 2.4 Amp port will also charge at full power in AC mode.
- Can I charge two iPad's at once?
- It is not recommended that you use the 1.0 Amp port for an iPad. The 2.4 Amp port, on the other hand, works with most devices.
- Will the USB Charger work with non-Apple devices?
- There is no guarantee that this charger will provide an efficient charge to those other than the compatible devices listed above.
- Can I use this charger at home?
- You can use the USB Charger with any 12 volt receptacle. These are most commonly found in your car.
- What is AC mode?
- AC mode is the most efficient charge your device can receive. It is the mode that charges your device at full power.
- How long will it take to charge my device?
- In AC mode, the USB charger works at speeds comparable to most power outlets. It really depends on the charging capacity of the device itself. For example, the time-frame to charge a iPod Nano will be different than that of an iPad.
- Will I need cables to charge my devices?
- Yes, the USB Charger requires USB charging cables for each device. These cables are not included, but you can use up to 2 of your existing cables.
- Do I need to charge the USB Charger before using it?
- No, your USB Charger is ready to use once it is plugged in. A red LED on the device indicates it is successfully connected.
- Can I charge my devices with cases on?
- That depends on the mold of your existing cables. The car charger works with standard USB Type-A Male connectors, but the cables you use need to fit your device. If not, simply remove your case and reconnect.
- Will it play my deviceís audio through the car speakers?
- Anything audio related requires additional cabling. This product is only meant to charge your devices at full-power.
This product is backed by our Limited 1 year Warranty.
We are proud to offer Free, Live, US-Based Technical Support. No call centers. No voice-prompted automated systems.
We are available via phone at (856) 216-8222, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Mediabridge customer support hours, click here