Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For iPad and iPhone (3.1 Amp)
This 12V USB Charger is perfect for charging your Apple gadgets (iPhone, iPod and iPad) while on the road. Just plug the USB Charger into any 12-24 Volt receptacle to simultaneously charge 2 gadgets with up to 2.1 Amp input. The USB Charger even lets you use your devices while they’re charging. You can also rest easy, knowing that this USB charger is equipped with a fuse to protect your connected electronics against power spikes. With the USB Charger, deciding on which gadget to charge first is a thing of the past.
- 12-24 Volt receptacle connector
- 1.0 Amp Port
- 2.1 Amp port
- LED indicator
Product Features & Benefits:
- Fits securely into any 12-24 Volt receptacle.
- Dual Port High Output Design – a 1.0 Amp USB port for charging your iPhone and a 2.1 Amp USB port for charging your iPad or additional gadget.
- Simultaneously charges your Apple devices at full power in AC mode.
- Over Charge Protection: Charger switches to a trickle charge (50mA) once connected gadget's battery is full.
- LED indicator.
- DC Input Voltage: 12 VDC to 24 VDC
- Output Voltage: 4.75 VDC min 5.25 VDC max
- Output Current: 0A min 3.1A max
- Over-Current Protection: 4.5A
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Overheating Protection
- Over-Charging Protection
- Operating Temp: 0 ~40 deg C
- Vibration: 1.0mm, 10-25Hz, 15 Minutes per Cycle for Each Axis (X,Y,Z)
- Vibration and Shock: Tested per MIL-STD-810D, method 514, procedure X
- iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad Mini at 2.1 Amp Max
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, iPod Nano at 1 Amp Max
- Certain Android devices, such as the Galaxy Tab, Samsung s3, Nexus, Droid Incredible, Samsung Charge, HTC Vivid require a special charging cable in order to charge at full power. Mediabridge Charging Cables and Adapters (sold separately) are available for these devices to charge in AC mode.
- Not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ Series, Motorola Xoom™ or the Asus Tablet™ Series.
- Plug your USB Charger into any 12-24 volt receptacle, such as your car’s DC power socket.
- A red LED indicates a successful connection.
- Connect your Smartphone or MP3 player to the port labeled 1.0 Amp.
- Connect your tablet, Smartphone, or MP3 player to the port labeled 2.1 Amp.
- The dual port interface lets you simultaneously charge 2 portable electronic devices with up to 2.1 amp input (cables not included).
- The charger is equipped with one 1.0 Amp port designed for your iPhone, iPod, or iPod Touch and one 2.1 Amp port for your iPad or another iPhone, iPod, or iPod Touch.
- Apple gadgets connected to either port will safely draw the maximum amount of power that they are able to draw without damaging the device.
- The charger is equipped with over-charge protection, which switches to a trickle charge (50mA) once the connected gadget’s battery is full.
- 1 x 12V USB Charger
- 1 x User Guide
Device Specific Detail:
- When charging your iPad, make sure to wake it out of sleep mode prior to connecting it.
Care & Maintenance:
- Do not remove the protective fuse, for the charger can’t function properly without it.
- In the unlikely event that your power source trips the fuse, replace it with a standard F2AL 250 Volt tube-type fuse.
- 1 x 1.25 x 3 inches
- Protrudes 1.5 inches from outlet when in use.
- Will my gadgets charge at full power?
- Yes, connecting your Smartphone or MP3 player to the 1.0 Amp port
will charge at full power in AC mode.
Any Apple gadget connected to the 2.1 Amp port will also charge at full
power in AC mode.
- Can I charge two tablets at once?
- It is not recommended that you use the 1.0 Amp port for a tablet.
The 2.1 Amp port, on the other hand, works with any gadget.
- Can I use this charger at home?
- You can use the USB Charger with any
12-24 volt receptacle. These are most commonly found in your car.
- What is AC mode?
- AC mode is the most efficient charge
your gadget can receive. It is the mode
that charges your gadget at full power.
- How long will
it take to charge my gadget?
- In AC mode, the
USB charger works at speeds comparable to most power outlets. It really depends
on the charging capacity of the gadget itself. For example, the timeframe to
charge a Samsung Galaxy S3 will be different than that of a Kindle Fire.
- Will I need
cables to charge my gadgets?
- Yes, the USB
Charger requires USB charging cables for each gadget. These cables are not included, but you can use
up to 2 of your existing cables.
- Do I need to
charge the USB Charger before using it?
- No, your USB
Charger is ready to use once it is plugged in.
A red LED on the device indicates it is successfully connected.
This product is backed by our Limited 1 year Warranty.
We are proud to offer Free, Live, US-Based Technical Support. No call centers. No voice-prompted automated systems.
We are available via phone at (856) 216-8222, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Mediabridge customer support hours, click here